Nottingham Trip to the Harry Potter Film Set
EXPERIENCE HOGWARTS’ MAGIC
DURHAM, ANGEL OF THE NORTH & ALNWICK CASTLE
Harry Potter tour at Durham with entry into Durham Cathedral
Durham Cathedral’s ancient cloisters doubled as a film location for Hogwarts in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone back in 2001. Against a snowy backdrop, the cloisters became the snow-covered quadrangle where Harry magically releases Hedwig the owl from his hands.
Harry and friends returned to Durham’s UNESCO World Heritage Site the following year for the Chamber of Secrets sequel, with the breath-taking building once again providing the setting for Harry, Ron and Hermione being taught how to turn animals into water goblets. Relive the scenes with a visit to this majestic building in one of England’s most cultural cities. And don’t miss the chance to spend part of your cultural holiday at the adjacent Durham Castle, constructed in 1072 on instruction by William the Conqueror.
Angel of the North
Since spreading its wings in February 1998, Antony Gormley’s The Angel of the North has become one of the most talked about pieces of public art ever produced. It is believed to be the largest angel sculpture in the world. It is one of the most viewed pieces of art in the world – seen by more than one person every second, 90,000 every day or 33 million every year
Best known for its starring role as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the first two Harry Potter films, Alnwick Castle has made many appearances in film and television over the years.
It is the second largest inhabited castle in the country; home to the Duke of Northumberland’s family, the Percys, for over 700 years. Combining magnificent medieval architecture with sumptuous Italianate State Rooms, Alnwick Castle is one of the UK’s most significant heritage destinations and best days out in Northumberland.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- 7.00: Meeting in Nottingham
- 7.15: Leaving Nottingham
- 11:00: Arrival at Alnwick Castle (discounted entry with Citylife for only £11 instead of £15.50)
- 13:30: Leaving Alnwick Castle
- 14:30: Photo stop at Angel of the north
- 14:45: Arrival in Durham, with guided tour of Durham and entry in to the Harry Potter Cathedral followed by free time in Durham
- 17:30: Leaving Durham
- Transportation by private executive coach
- Guided private tour by professional tour guides with a tailored tour for our needs through Durham
- Itinerary with all trip information
- Representative throughout the trip
- Trip photographer
- Free time to explore the area on your own
- Free time in the afternoon to explore the city on your own
- All booking fees and taxes included
As all other Citylife Nottingham trips, the trip meeting point is the following:
Meeting point name: Mount Street
Address: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
|Ticket Type||Dates||Price (£)|
March 29, 2020
March 29, 2020