BRITAIN’S EAST COAST SECRET
Citylife is your #1 provider of international events, activities and trips in Nottingham. Every weekend we gather young internationals in order to explore the United Kingdom together on our popular Citylife trips.
Everyone is welcome on our trips, discovering places as a unique community of young people is important to us.
WHITBY & ROBIN HOOD’S BAY
Whitby is a town of two parts, split down the middle by the River Esk. It’s also a town with two personalities – on the one hand, a busy commercial and fishing port (once home to 18th-century explorer Captain James Cook) with a bustling quayside fish market; on the other, a traditional seaside resort, complete with sandy beach, amusement arcades and promenading holidaymakers. Keeping a watchful eye over the town is an atmospheric ruined abbey atop the East Cliff, the inspiration and setting for part of Bram Stoker’s Gothic horror story Dracula.
It’s probably one of the most photographed locations in the world: no trip to this part of the world is complete without a visit to Robin Hood’s Bay. Picturesque Robin Hood’s Bay has nothing to do with the hero of Sherwood Forest – the origin of its name is a mystery, and the locals call it Bay Town or just Bay. But there’s no denying that this fishing village is one of the prettiest spots on the Yorkshire coast.
As all other Citylife Nottingham trips, the trip meeting point is the following:
Meeting point name: Mount Street
Address: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
1) Who can join this Trip? – Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome on any Citylife trip. Please note that the majority of participants are students.
2) I am running late, what if I cannot make it to the meeting point? – As for all of our trips, we wait until the departure time stated in our event description and also on your ticket. The meeting time is always 15 minutes earlier than the departure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to wait longer, which means that you might miss the coach if you have an unforseen delay.
3) I cannot make it to the trip, can I get a refund? – As stated in our T&C’s, we are unable to offer any kind of refund for day trips. If you know you cannot make it to a trip in advance, we suggest to you to try to sell it on to someone else.
4) I have not received a ticket email nor info mail, what can I do? – First of all, check your email provider’s spam folder. It can happen that our email landed there. If you still cannot find your ticket or have not received the info mail, feel free to contact us, stating your name and the Trip you have purchased a ticket for and we will kindly resend the information to you.
5) I cannot find the meeting point, where do I go? – In the unlikely case that you cannot find our meeting point, feel free to contact the trip leader. You can find his/her contact details in the info mail you have received. They will try to help you make your way to the meeting point. Our tip: If you are unsure where to go, always give yourself some extra time so you do not have to rush or worst case, miss the coach!
6) I have another question, who do I ask? – Please feel free to contact us in advance if anything is unclear. You may call our service hotline +44 (0) 800 689 0731 (during business hours) or send us an email to email@example.com.
Start date: March 10, 2019
End date: March 10, 2019
Start time: 08:00 a.m.
End time: 20:30 p.m.
Meeting Point: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
Phone: 0800 689 0731