THE HIKING EXPERIENCE
Citylife is your #1 provider of international events, activities and trips in Nottingham. Every weekend we gather young internationals in order to explore the United Kingdom together on our popular Citylife trips.
Everyone is welcome on our trips, discovering places as a unique community of young people is important to us.
THE LAKE DISTRICT
The Lake District is by far and away the UK’s most popular national park. Every year, some 15 million people pitch up to explore the region’s fells and countryside, and it’s not hard to see why.
Our trip will be going to the magnificent city Keswick:
The most northerly of the Lake District’s major towns, Keswick has perhaps the most beautiful location of all: encircled by cloud-capped fells and nestled alongside the idyllic, island-studded lake of Derwentwater, a silvery curve crisscrossed by puttering cruise boats. It’s also brilliantly positioned for further adventures into the nearby valleys of Borrowdale and Buttermere.
As all other Citylife Nottingham trips, the trip meeting point is the following:
Meeting point name: Mount Street
Address: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
1) Who can join this Trip? – Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome on any Citylife trip. Please note that the majority of participants are students.
2) I am running late, what if I cannot make it to the meeting point? – As for all of our trips, we wait until the departure time stated in our event description and also on your ticket. The meeting time is always 15 minutes earlier than the departure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to wait longer, which means that you might miss the coach if you have an unforseen delay.
3) I cannot make it to the trip, can I get a refund? – As stated in our T&C’s, we are unable to offer any kind of refund for day trips. If you know you cannot make it to a trip in advance, we suggest to you to try to sell it on to someone else.
4) I have not received a ticket email nor info mail, what can I do? – First of all, check your email provider’s spam folder. It can happen that our email landed there. If you still cannot find your ticket or have not received the info mail, feel free to contact us, stating your name and the Trip you have purchased a ticket for and we will kindly resend the information to you.
5) I cannot find the meeting point, where do I go? – In the unlikely case that you cannot find our meeting point, feel free to contact the trip leader. You can find his/her contact details in the info mail you have received. They will try to help you make your way to the meeting point. Our tip: If you are unsure where to go, always give yourself some extra time so you do not have to rush or worst case, miss the coach!
6) Do I need specialist hiking equipment or clothing? – We do recommend to wear sensible clothing and shoes as with England the weather conditions it can be a little unpredictable. However a good pair of trainers will suffice, just ensure your trainers or shoes have a good grip.
7) How difficult is the walk? – It is a very moderate walk which is suitable for all levels of fitness and experience, and always our group leaders keep a steady pace.
8) I have another question, who do I ask? – Please feel free to contact us in advance if anything is unclear. You may call our service hotline +44 (0) 800 689 0731 (during business hours) or send us an email to email@example.com.
Start date: April 07, 2019
End date: April 07, 2019
Start time: 08:00 a.m.
End time: 21:00 p.m.
Meeting Point: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
Phone: 0800 689 0731