THE BEATING HEART OF SCOTLAND
Citylife is your #1 provider of international events, activities and trips in Nottingham. Every weekend we gather young internationals in order to explore the United Kingdom together on our popular Citylife trips.
Everyone is welcome on our trips as discovering places as a unique community of young people is important to us.
Edinburgh is one of the most popular cities in the United Kingdom with a few million visitors every year. It is Scotland’s compact, hilly capital. It has a medieval Old Town and elegant Georgian New Town with gardens and neoclassical buildings.
The Athens of the North, an 18th-century Edinburgh nickname dreamed up by the great thinkers of the Scottish Enlightenment, is a city of high culture and lofty ideals, of art and literature, philosophy and science. It is here that each summer the world’s biggest arts festival rises, phoenix-like, from the ashes of last year’s rave reviews and broken box-office records to produce yet another string of superlatives. And it is here, beneath the Greek temples of Calton Hill – Edinburgh’s acropolis – that the Scottish parliament sits again after a 300-year absence.
Arthur’s Seat is the main peak of the group of hills in Edinburgh and is located at the highest point in Holyrood Park. It is a dormant volcano which gives incredible views of the city. It sits at 251 m above sea level and is a must-visit spot for anyone traveling to Edinburgh.
As for all other Citylife Nottingham trips, the trip meeting point is the following:
Meeting point name: Mount Street
Address: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
1) Who can join this Trip? – Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome on any Citylife trip. Please note that the majority of participants are students.
2) I am running late, what if I cannot make it to the meeting point? – As for all of our trips, we wait until the departure time stated in our event description and also on your ticket. The meeting time is always 15 minutes earlier than the departure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to wait longer, which means that you might miss the coach if you have an unforseen delay.
3) I cannot make it to the trip, can I get a refund? – As stated in our T&C’s, it is possible to cancel our weekend trips, however we will not be able to refund the full amount depending on the closeness of the trip. If you know you cannot make it to a trip in advance, please contact us. In general, we always suggest to you to try to sell it on to someone else if possible.
3) This is a weekend trip, what do I need to bring? – We will always send you a detailled list of suggested equipment/items. In any case, you should always have a rain coat and appropriate foot wear! Also note that we are only away for a few days, so a small piece of luggage should be enough! You might also want to bring some snacks and drinks for the drive to / from the South.
4) We are staying in a hostel – how many people do we share a room with? – A weekend away is always much more exciting and intense than a day trip. Partly, because you will be together with your friends the whole weekend and yes you will share a room :)! On all weekend trips we stay in group hostels, meaning that everyone has to share a room with other people. Depending on the trip these rooms can be smaller or bigger. We think it is a great opportunity to get to know your new friends even better. We usually allocate the rooms once we arrive and of course you can stay with your friends!
5) There is an optional hike to Arthur’s Seat – what do I need to know? – All our trips are for Beginners and there is nothing to worry about. In general, most of the way will be easy walks and only some short parts are a steeper. We do however, assume that you have a normal level of fitness. In any case, you can always contact your trip leader if you have any problems.
6) I have not received a ticket email nor info mail, what can I do? – First of all, check your email provider’s spam folder. It can happen that our email landed there. If you still cannot find your ticket or have not received the info mail, feel free to contact us, stating your name and the Trip you have purchased a ticket for and we will kindly resend the information to you.
7) I cannot find the meeting point, where do I go? – In the unlikely case that you cannot find our meeting point, feel free to contact the trip leader. You can find his/her contact details in the info mail you have received. They will try to help you make your way to the meeting point. Our tip: If you are unsure where to go, always give yourself some extra time so you do not have to rush or worst case, miss the coach!
8) I have another question, who do I ask? – Please feel free to contact us in advance if anything is unclear. You may call our service hotline +44 (0) 800 689 0731 (during business hours) or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: March 15, 2019
End date: March 17, 2019
Start time: 12:30 p.m.
End time: 22:00 p.m.
Meeting Point: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
Phone: 0800 689 0731