Citylife Trip to Bali
£535.00 – £540.00
Mon 12th – Thurs 22nd August 2019
10 Day Island Hopper
CANGGU, UBUD & GILI ISLANDS
Citylife is your #1 provider of international events, activities and trips. Every weekend we gather young internationals in order to explore the United Kingdom and beyond on our popular Citylife trips.
Everyone is welcome on our trips as discovering places as a unique community of young people is important to us.
▬▬▬ BALI PARADISE TRIP 2019 ▬▬▬
Join us on an epic adventure as we visit 3 awesome destinations across Bali and the Gili Islands. See amazing sights, explore majestic temples, splash around in waterfalls, visit an active volcano, wander through rice fields, discover idyllic islands and sip cocktails on white sandy beaches. Shop the markets, indulge in delicious food, learn to surf, snorkel in the crystal clear sea & lose yourself in the wild nightlife Bali has to offer!
General Admission, Citylife Club Member
▬▬▬ TRIP INFO ▬▬▬
DAY 1 // AIRPORT PICK UP
Arrive at Denpasar airport where your group leader will meet you and take you to our cool Canggu hotel to check you in. You can the relax by the pool/beach or explore Canggu before we enjoy a rooftop dinner and drinks in the evening where you will meet the rest of your group.
Please book your own flights to Denpasar. Our suggested flight dates are:
30th or 31st of July
In case you want to arrive earlier in Denpasar or stay longer in Bali, you are free to do so. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the flight booking.
DAY 2 // TEMPLE VISITS
Today we explore the culture of Bali as we head to two of it’s most famous temples – Tanah Lot which is set on a rock formation in the sea; and the Royal Temple of Taman Ayun. In the evening we have the opportunity to take in the sunset on one of Canggu’s coolest beaches before big night out on the town in Canggu.
DAY 3 // SURFS UP
On our third day we hit the beach! We learn to surf in the morning with our awesome local instructors on Kuta Beach, followed by a chilled afternoon on one of Bali’s most beautiful beaches, watching the sunset.
DAY 4 // UBUD WATERFALLS
It’s time to back our bags as we move location to the bohemian jungle town of Ubud – enroute to our next destination we make a stop at a beautiful waterfall to cool off. We then move to our awesome accommodation to check in, before we visit one of Bali’s coolest live music destinations for an evening of singing & dancing.
DAY 5 // COOKING CLASS & MONKEY FOREST
In the morning, we head down to the local food markets to learn and observe where all our fresh ingredients come from. Our local family will explain in detail about all the ingredients before heading back to their village. Here we will learn to make some of Bali’s most famous dishes as well as Canang Sari, the flower offerings made for the God. In the afternoon we go and meet some of Ubud’s cheekiest locals at the sacred monkey forest, where it is believed the hundreds of monkeys that live there protect the ancient temples inside.
DAY 6 //RICE TERRACES & VOLCANO VIEWPOINT
Today we will spend the morning wandering through the scenic rice terraces of Tegalalang. Trek through the valleys and stop off at one of the many swings for photos or a cool coconut and see how these beautiful formations still play a very important role in the locals’ present day way of life. Next we visit Kintamani for lunch overlooking the active volcano Mt. Batur before heading back to pick up some souvenirs at the colourful and vibrant local market.
DAY 7 // HEAD TO THE GILI ISLANDS
It’s time to head to the islands! We catch the bus/ferry over to the stunning tiny island of Gili Trawangan. We will check in to our tropical accommodation in the heart of the island for our final few days. Once there, we spend the afternoon having a beer & chilling by the pool or explore the many beaches that surround the island! Catch a beautiful sunset on the beach before heading out for dinner . Now it’s time to party! Explore Gili’s famous nightlife in the many beachside bars the island has to offer.
DAY 8 // ISLAND HOPPING ADVENTURE
We enjoy the day island-hopping on our boat trip around the three Gili Islands. Head to some of the best snorkel spots around Gili Meno & Gili Air where you will see stunning coral, beautiful fish, turtles and coral conservation projects. Enjoy a beachfront lunch on Gili Air!
DAY 9 // BIKE RIDING AROUND GILI T
Today we will explore the island on one of Gili’s only modes of transportation, push bike! Cycle around the island exploring different beaches, activities and take a small trek up the hill to see Gili’s only viewpoint and explore a bit of history with remnants of an old WWII bunker. Check out one last sunset before our farewell dinner and party to celebrate the best 10 days of your life!
DAY 10 // CHECKOUT
Check-out day! The fun doesn’t have to stop here. If you’re traveling on our expert Group Leaders will help you book everything you need to get you where you need to go! Whether you’re on to explore some more islands or head back to the airport to catch a flight, we’ve got you covered! Please note that if you plan to fly home from Denpasar that day we recommend not booking a flight before 7pm to allow plenty of time to get back to the airport.
✔️ Airport Pick up (up to 2 days before start date)
✔️Transportation on the whole trip
✔️ Accomodation for all 9 nights
✔️ Meals (9x Breakfast, 1x Lunch, 1x Dinner)
✔️Tanah Lot & Taman Ayun
✔️ Surf lesson in Kuta
✔️ Tegenungan Waterfall
✔️ Ubud Monkey forest
✔️ Balinese Cooking class
✔️ Rice terraces
✔️ Volcano View Point
✔️ Local Markets
✔️ Gili Trawangan
✔️ Island hopping the Gili’s
✔️ Bike tour of Gili Trawangan
✔️ Additional free activities throughout the trip
✔️ Citylife representative throughout the whole trip
✔️ Advice on what to do during your free time
✔️ Trip photographer
✔️ All booking fees and taxes included
As for all other Citylife Nottingham trips, the trip meeting point is the following:
Meeting point name: Mount Street
Address: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
1) Who can join this Trip? – Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome on any Citylife trip. Please note that the majority of participants are students.
2) I am running late, what if I cannot make it to the meeting point? – As for all of our trips, we wait until the departure time stated in our event description and also on your ticket. The meeting time is always 15 minutes earlier than the departure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to wait longer, which means that you might miss the coach if you have an unforseen delay.
3) I cannot make it to the trip, can I get a refund? – As stated in our T&C’s, it is possible to cancel our weekend trips, however we will not be able to refund the full amount depending on the closeness of the trip. If you know you cannot make it to a trip in advance, please contact us. In general, we always suggest to you to try to sell it on to someone else if possible.
3) This is a weekend trip, what do I need to bring? – We will always send you a detailled list of suggested equipment/items. In any case, you should always have a rain coat and appropriate foot wear! Also note that we are only away for a few days, so a small piece of luggage should be enough! You might also want to bring some snacks and drinks for the drive to / from the South.
4) We are staying in a hostel – how many people do we share a room with? – A weekend away is always much more exciting and intense than a day trip. Partly, because you will be together with your friends the whole weekend and yes you will share a room :)! On all weekend trips we stay in group hostels, meaning that everyone has to share a room with other people. Depending on the trip these rooms can be smaller or bigger. We think it is a great opportunity to get to know your new friends even better. We usually allocate the rooms once we arrive and of course you can stay with your friends!
5) There is an walk in the Seven Sister County Park – what do I need to know? – All our trips are for Beginners and there is nothing to worry about. In general, most of the way will be easy walks and only some short parts are a little bit steeper. We do assume that you have a normal level of fitness. In any case, you can always contact your trip leader if you have any problems.
6) I have not received a ticket email nor info mail, what can I do? – First of all, check your email provider’s spam folder. It can happen that our email landed there. If you still cannot find your ticket or have not received the info mail, feel free to contact us, stating your name and the Trip you have purchased a ticket for and we will kindly resend the information to you.
7) I cannot find the meeting point, where do I go? – In the unlikely case that you cannot find our meeting point, feel free to contact the trip leader. You can find his/her contact details in the info mail you have received. They will try to help you make your way to the meeting point. Our tip: If you are unsure where to go, always give yourself some extra time so you do not have to rush or worst case, miss the coach!
8) I have another question, who do I ask? – Please feel free to contact us in advance if anything is unclear. You may call our service hotline +44 (0) 800 689 0731 (during business hours) or send us an email to email@example.com.
Most nationalities aren’t required to apply for a visa prior to the journey.
In case you need a visa for this trip, please feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced visa team is happy to support your application. We are able to issue a personalised visa letter for you.
Make sure your passport is valid!
Start date: August 12, 2019
End date: August 22, 2019
Start time: 14:00 p.m.
End time: 22:00 p.m.
Meeting Point: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
Phone: 0800 689 0731