BANGKOK, KHAO SOK, KOH PHANGAN
Citylife is your #1 provider of international events, activities and trips. Every weekend we gather young internationals in order to explore the United Kingdom together on our popular Citylife trips.
Everyone is welcome on our trips as discovering places as a unique community of young people is important to us.
▬▬▬ THAILAND TRIP 2019 ▬▬▬
Discover the best parts of Thailand on our eight-day Thailand Experience tour. This group adventure is the ideal way to make the most of your first week in Thailand. All the worries you may have at the beginning of your travels will be taken care of by us. You’ll be greeted at the airport by one of our awesome group leaders who will introduce you to the rest of the group, and be with you all week to ensure you have an amazing and trouble free trip! We take care of all accommodation, transport and activities so you can just relax and enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
DAY 1 // ARRIVAL IN BANGKOK
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted at the airport by one of our awesome guides who will introduce you to the rest of the group. Today is a free day to get to know your group & get settled. In the evening we go out on the infamous Khao San Road for dinner & drinks.
Note: Please book your own flights to Bangkok. Our suggested flight arrival day is the 17th of July 2019.
In case you want to arrive earlier in Bangkok or stay longer in Koh Phangan, you are free to do so. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the flight booking.
DAY 2 // TEMPLES & RIVER CRUISE
See Thailand’s capital by the water as we travel by longtail boat along the Chao Phraya River, you’ll explore Bangkok & experience some of Thailand’s heritage. We visit two prestigious temples – Wat Arun and Wat Pho, to see the very impressive giant & gold reclining Buddha statue. The rest of the day is free for exploring, you may want to try some of the famous shopping in Bangkok as its known for being notoriously cheap. Remember to always try and barter with the street vendors, you can sometimes get as much as 50% off the original price! Then in the evening we meet again for dinner, drinks and more group bonding.
DAY 3 // MASSAGE & OVERNIGHT TRAIN
Try a traditional Thai massage before we board the sleeper train for the night; a truly authentic Thai experience. You’ll get your very own bed on the train, and it’s a great place to get to know the rest of your group. We travel overnight down towards the south of Thailand, swapping the hustle & bustle of Bangkok for the tranquil lake of Khao Sok National Park – situated in the Surat Thani province of Thailand. Watching the scenery change through your window is definitely something you won’t forget quickly.
DAY 4 // KHAO SOK NATIONAL PARK
Head to our floating bungalows on a longtail boat, stopping along the way for a quick dip at a couple of instagram-worthy locations. Try your hand at some kayaking or chill with a beer in a tube in front of the stunning backdrop of the surrounding limestone mountain range. We’ll be staying in floating bungalows on a freshwater lake surrounded by rainforest; it feels like something out of Jurassic Park!
DAY 5 // TRAVEL TO KOH PHANGAN
Wake up early on the lake & enjoy a spot of breakfast before we board a ferry & head east to Koh Phangan. When we arrive, we go straight to the secluded paradise of Bottle Beach; our favourite beach in the world. It’s quiet, amazingly beautiful, only accessible by boat, and to make it better, we pretty much get the whole place to ourselves, staying in beach huts overlooking the ocean. Relax here for the rest of the afternoon, enjoy a bit of volleyball, sunbathing or swimming. In the evening we can enjoy dinner & some cocktails on the beach next to a campfire with our own private fire show. It doesn’t get much better than this!
DAY 6 // MORNING CHILL & MUAY THAI LESSON
A nice chilled wake up to the sound of waves rolling in on the beach. You will have a free morning to make the most of your surroundings. You can go kayaking, play volleyball, top up the tan, trek to view points or enjoy a lie in. We are picked up early afternoon and taken to a local gym, where you can try your hand at a bit of Muay Thai boxing, Thailand’s national sport. Afterwards, we head to our awesome accommodation where we will spend the final nights of the trip. It’s got a great bar, and atmosphere; ideal location to spend the evening.
DAY 7 // ISLAND BOAT TRIP
Today we embark on a voyage around Koh Phangan. We spend the day taking in the amazing tropical island scenery, stop for some snorkelling at the coolest hot spots and visit Than Sadet waterfall (seasonal). You might think it couldn’t get any better but it does, we have free drinks & food throughout the day with music. The last night we take you to one of our favourite restaurants in town for a farewell dinner on us. It’s here where we prepare to say your goodbyes to your newfound friends as our adventure draws to a close, so we hit the beach bars for one last boogie to cap off a great week.
DAY 8 // CHILLED CHECKOUT
Check out is at 11am & our awesome staff are on hand to help you plan your next steps, whether it is continuing your adventure or heading back to Bangkok to catch a flight home, we will make sure you get to where you need to be.
✔️ Airport Pick up (up to 2 days before start date)
✔️Transportation on the whole trip
✔️ Accommodation for all nights
✔️ Meals (1x Breakfast, 2x Lunch, 2x Dinner)
✔️ Chao Phraya River Cruise
✔️ Wat Pho temple visit
✔️ Thai Massage
✔️ Overnight train
✔️ Floating Bungalows
✔️ Kayaking & tubing
✔️ Bottle Beach
✔️ Muay Thai Lesson
✔️ Koh Phangan Boat Trip
✔️ Additional free activities throughout the trip
✔️ Trip representative throughout the whole trip
✔️ Advice on what to do during your free time
✔️ Trip photographer
✔️ All booking fees and taxes includes
As for all other Citylife Nottingham trips, the trip meeting point is the following:
Meeting point name: Mount Street
Address: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
1) Who can join this Trip? – Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome on any Citylife trip. Please note that the majority of participants are students.
2) I am running late, what if I cannot make it to the meeting point? – As for all of our trips, we wait until the departure time stated in our event description and also on your ticket. The meeting time is always 15 minutes earlier than the departure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to wait longer, which means that you might miss the coach if you have an unforseen delay.
3) I cannot make it to the trip, can I get a refund? – As stated in our T&C’s, it is possible to cancel our weekend trips, however we will not be able to refund the full amount depending on the closeness of the trip. If you know you cannot make it to a trip in advance, please contact us. In general, we always suggest to you to try to sell it on to someone else if possible.
3) This is a weekend trip, what do I need to bring? – We will always send you a detailled list of suggested equipment/items. In any case, you should always have a rain coat and appropriate foot wear! Also note that we are only away for a few days, so a small piece of luggage should be enough! You might also want to bring some snacks and drinks for the drive to / from the South.
4) We are staying in a hostel – how many people do we share a room with? – A weekend away is always much more exciting and intense than a day trip. Partly, because you will be together with your friends the whole weekend and yes you will share a room :)! On all weekend trips we stay in group hostels, meaning that everyone has to share a room with other people. Depending on the trip these rooms can be smaller or bigger. We think it is a great opportunity to get to know your new friends even better. We usually allocate the rooms once we arrive and of course you can stay with your friends!
5) There is an walk in the Seven Sister County Park – what do I need to know? – All our trips are for Beginners and there is nothing to worry about. In general, most of the way will be easy walks and only some short parts are a little bit steeper. We do assume that you have a normal level of fitness. In any case, you can always contact your trip leader if you have any problems.
6) I have not received a ticket email nor info mail, what can I do? – First of all, check your email provider’s spam folder. It can happen that our email landed there. If you still cannot find your ticket or have not received the info mail, feel free to contact us, stating your name and the Trip you have purchased a ticket for and we will kindly resend the information to you.
7) I cannot find the meeting point, where do I go? – In the unlikely case that you cannot find our meeting point, feel free to contact the trip leader. You can find his/her contact details in the info mail you have received. They will try to help you make your way to the meeting point. Our tip: If you are unsure where to go, always give yourself some extra time so you do not have to rush or worst case, miss the coach!
8) I have another question, who do I ask? – Please feel free to contact us in advance if anything is unclear. You may call our service hotline +44 (0) 800 689 0731 (during business hours) or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: July 17, 2019
End date: July 25, 2019
Start time: 14:00 p.m.
End time: 22:00 p.m.
Meeting Point: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
Phone: 0800 689 0731