CITYLIFE TRIP THROUGH MOROCCO – 8 DAYS AFRICAN ADVENTURE
*** HIGHLIGHT: SUMMER BREAK SPECIAL. NEW DESTINATIONS! ***
Our Morocco trips this year sold out within weeks, our Summer trip will be even more popular!
▬▬▬ CITYLIFE MOROCCO TRIPS ▬▬▬
Over one thousand young travellers have already joined Citylife’s Morocco trip since 2016.
Find below some reviews of our Morocco trips from our Facebook page:
“The 8 days Morocco trip is amazing !! Having a prefect plan let you see different faces of Morocco. Must join other trip in next time!!”
– Elena, 2017 –
“I went for the Morocco trip with citylife and enjoyed every bit of it. The location of the hotels were great and i got an opportunity to make new friends. It was the best trip of my life. Citylife trips rock!!”
– Piyush, 2017 –
“Citylife’s Morocco trip was amazing. In the beginning I wasn’t sure about joining a group, but Citylife includes so many things for a great price. Their guides are so nice as well and I met many people. I can only recommend this trip to everyone who wants to visit the unique country Morocco. I will never forget this trip!”
– Andreas, 2017 –
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN MARRAKESH (Monday)
We’ll kick off our Moroccan adventure picking you up at Marrakesh’s airport. You can arrive at any time of the day. One of our Citylife staff will pick you up from the airport and bring you to our hotel. Hotel accommodation is provided in Marrakesh as we stay there for our first night in Morocco! In the imperial city of Marrakech where you will get to experience the charm of the famous Jamaa el-Fnaa market square which is spilling with delicious local foods, hand-crafted clothing and jewellery, and much more!
DAY 2: MARRAKESH – ATLAS MOUNTAINS – AIT BEN HADDOU (Tuesday)
Our day begins with a provided hotel breakfast, followed by a city tour including the outstanding Saadian Tombs, the Bahia Palace, and the Koutoubia Mosque with its famous minaret, built by the Al Mohades. After finishing our official local tour of Marrakech, we will head towards Ouarzazate, known as the “Door of the Desert” through the Atlas Mountains, filled with stunning natural views, and then we will stop in Tizi n’Tichka for some amazing panoramic picture opportunities. We will visit one of the main producers of the famous Moroccan Argan Oil products and learn about the production process and the in-numerous health benefits attached to the oils.
We will continue south and follow the 6km track that leads to the village of Ait Ben Haddou, famous for its Kasbah (which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site). Several famous movies, such as the Gladiator and the Jewel of the Nile, starring Penelope Cruz, were filmed in this beautiful town. Hotel accommodation will be provided in Ait Ben Haddou.
DAY 3: AIT BEN HADDOU – TODRA CANYONS – SAHARA DESERT (Wednesday)
After breakfast, we’ll head up the mountains to experience one of the best views of the postcard-worthy Moroccan canyons. We’ll continue through a path filled with beautiful scenery and unforgettable Kasbahs (Islamic Fortresses), each one unique from the next. After several stops, we will arrive at one of the most iconic places in the South: the Todra Canyon. Cliff walls of epic proportions and immense beauty surround the channel of the River Todra; it’s a climber’s paradise! After lunch, we head to the Sahara desert. There, we will have a break for tea to fuel up for the adventure ahead. We will only take the necessities as we take a camel ride into the desert to reach our Berber camp. We’ll have the chance to catch the sunset over the dunes before heading to dinner at the camp in the Sahara desert. You can climb the dunes near the camp with a warm cup of tea and enjoy the peace and quiet of the desert and relax after the adventure-filled day. Finally, we’ll spend the night in typical Berber tents, under a spectacular canopy of stars. Accommodation in Berber tents and traditional dinner included.
DAY 4: SAHARA DESERT – FEZ (Thursday)
After an unforgettable night in the desert and filling breakfast, we make a quick stop for sand boarding through the dunes before we kick off a day filled with exploration through several quaint and beautiful towns in Morocco. First, we head to Rissani, the first imperial city of Morocco. We will go through Erfoud, which is rich in fossils and history. We will pass the Ziz Valley and take in the sights of the palm trees and canyons surrounding us. Once past the port of Tizi-n Talghomt, we will stop in Midelt for lunch. Continuing our journey, we’ll venture through the cedar forest and stop to see the Moroccan monkeys in their natural habitat! Next, we will go through Ifrane (which has been called the Moroccan Switzerland) and arrive in Fez, Morocco’s cultural capital. Hotel accommodation and dinner is provided in Fez.
DAY 5: FEZ – CHEFCHAOUEN (Friday)
After breakfast, we explore one of the oldest imperial cities. Founded in 808, Fez is one of the first political, religious, and cultural capitals in the world and is truly incredible. We will begin the official tour at the Golden Doors of the spectacular Royal Palace. Next, we will wander around and inside the historical Medina, allowing the beautiful architecture and surrounding sites to transport us back over 1000 years ago. In Fez, you will get to experience everything: mosques, madrassas, karabansarais and several other cultural sites.
When the tour is over, we will head to Chaouen, the famous “hippie,” fully painted, blue city. Enjoy the extremely popular blue city!
DAY 6: CHEFCHAOUEN – RABAT – CASABLANCA (Saturday)
After breakfast, our local official guide will take us around unravelling some of Chaouen’s best-kept secrets. After the morning tour we have free time to explore the blue city by day and go shopping.
Before heading to Casablanca we’ll make a stop at Akchour waterfalls, the most beautiful waterfalls in Morocco!
We will head to Rabat before arriving to Casablanca. Morocco’s political and administrative capital may be short on top-drawer tourist attractions, but it compensates with plenty of charm. There’s a clean central beach, an intact and evocative kasbah, and an attractive walled medina that is far less touristy than those in other large cities. We’ll visit Hassan tower and sunset from the Kasbah. After dinner in Rabat we’ll take a late night drive and head to Casablanca, giving us plenty of time to visit Casablanca in the morning.
DAY 7: CASABLANCA – ESSAOUIRA (Sunday)
After breakfast we’ll have the chance chance to see one of the biggest mosques of the world (Hassan II Mosque) in the morning before heading to Essaouira together.
We’ll arrive in the late afternoon to the popular, charming and vibrant port and resort town on the Atlantic Ocean – Essaouira. For any Game of Thrones fans, you may recognise this picturesque town as ‘Slavers Bay’.
After a guided tour you’ll have free time explore the town and discover how Portuguese, French and Berber architecture frame the maze-like streets of Essaouira.
DAY 8: ESSAOUIRA – PARADISE VALLEY – MARRAKECH (Monday)
After breakfast we’ll head to Paradise valley, just 20km from Agadir. Paradise Valley is a section of the Tamraght River valley, an incredible oasis deep in the Atlas mountains. The valley is known for its abundance of rock pools and small waterfalls.
We’ll have Lunch in a berber family’s house, a humbling experience before heading back to Marrakech.
DAY 9: DEPARTURE FROM MARRAKESH (Tuesday)
After an unforgettable week full of exciting memories and new experiences the trips is ending after breakfast and you can fly home any time of the day. The shuttle to the airport is included. Feel free to stay longer in Morocco if you want to, just let us know your flight details
The trip includes:
✓ 9 days & 8 nights (7 in hotels & 1 in Berber tent)
✓ All transportation included
✓ Hotel in Marrakesh with breakfast (1st day)
✓ Hotel in Ait Ben Haddou with dinner & breakfast
✓ Night in Berber tent in Sahara Desert with dinner & breakfast
✓ Hotel in Fez with dinner & breakfast
✓ Hotel in Chefchaouen with breakfast
✓ Hotel in Casablanca with breakfast
✓ Hotel in Essaouira with breakfast
✓ Hotel in Marrakesh with breakfast (last day)
✓ All hotels are star rated and perfect for our group. You share the room usually only with a few other people.
✓ Guided visit of Marrakesh
✓ Guided visit of Ait Ben Haddou (Kasbah)
✓ Guided visit of Fez
✓ Guided visit of Chefchaouen
✓ Guided visit of Akchour waterfalls
✓ Guided visit of Rabat
✓ Guided visit of Essaouira
✓ Guided visit of Paradise Valley
✓ Long camel ride in Sahara Desert
✓ Berber party in the Sahara Desert
✓ Sandboarding in Sahara Desert
✓ Trip photographer
✓ All taxes included
Meeting Point & Arrival
This is a meet us there trip! Please book your own flights to and from Marrakesh. Our suggested flight dates are:
ARRIVAL: any time on 10/06/2019
DEPARTURE: any time on 18/06/2019
In case you want to arrive earlier in Morocco or stay longer you are obviously free to do so. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the flight booking.
At the time of research, we could find very affordable flights to Marrakesh from many UK airports!
Please remember: All flight prices from the UK will increase. Thus, we recommend booking your flights as early as possible!
1) Who can join this Trip? – Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome on any Citylife trip. Please note that the majority of participants are students.
2) I am running late, what if I cannot make it to the meeting point? – We will be providing airport pick-up all day on day one – if you do encounter any delays please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll do our best to find a solution as we know travelling doesn’t always go to plan.
3) I cannot make it to the trip, can I get a refund? – As stated in our T&C’s, it is possible to cancel our international trips, however we will not be able to refund the full amount depending on the closeness of the trip. If you know you cannot make it to a trip in advance, please contact us. In general, we always suggest to you to try to sell it on to someone else if possible.
4) This is an international trip, what do I need to bring? – We will always send you a detailed list of suggested equipment/items. In any case, you should always have a rain coat and appropriate foot wear!
5) Do I need a visa? –
Examples of countries which do NOT need a VISA are as follows:
British & EU Countries, Australian & New Zealand, Canadian, USA, Japan, South Africa, Hong Kong, China, Philippines, UAE, Turkey.
You can check the full list of countries and check to see if you need a VISA on the follow page.
6) I need a VISA – what do I need to do? – No worries at all, Citylife is very experienced in the visa process and has already issued dozens of visas for our travellers. You will first need to book your trip ticket with us and we can then issue you a personalised visa letter. Please note that we can only issue the letter to you once your trip purchase has been made. With our visa letter, we have had a 100% acceptance rate in the past for visa applications if you apply early enough. Please note that we recommend applying at least 4-6 weeks before the trip departure. Please feel free to contact our experienced visa support team for any further questions on firstname.lastname@example.org .
7) I can share my room only with people from the same gender – Is this possible? Yes, that’s no problem at all. We will separate the genders at each hostel when checking in. You do not need to book this beforehand with us
8) I have not received a ticket email nor info mail, what can I do? – First of all, check your email provider’s spam folder. It can happen that our email landed there. If you still cannot find your ticket or have not received the info mail, feel free to contact us, stating your name and the Trip you have purchased a ticket for and we will kindly resend the information to you.
9) I cannot find the meeting point, where do I go? – In the unlikely case that you cannot find our meeting point, feel free to contact the trip leader. You can find his/her contact details in the info mail you have received. They will try to help you make your way to the meeting point. We will always be standing on the left-hand side of the entrance as you walk out.
10) When will I receive the itinerary with all timings and all hotel details for the entire trip? – We will send you the full itinerary by email one week before the trip starts.
11) Is Morocco safe? – Morocco is one the safest places in the Middle East and North Africa. We’ve ran this trip dozens of times without any issues, but like everywhere you go especially in crowded places there is always the chance of petty crime such as pick-pockets. You’ll receive some advice on safety before the trip in an E-Mail as well as a chat by your trip leader once you arrive.
12) I have another question, who do I ask? – Please feel free to contact us in advance if anything is unclear. You may call our service hotline +44 (0) 800 689 0731 (during business hours) or send us an email to email@example.com.
If you need a Visa, Citylife UK can provide a Visa letter for you, which you have to send to the Moroccan embassy. This is very easy and cheap. Please get in touch with us as we are experienced with the Moroccan embassy.
You do NOT need a visa (your passport is sufficient) if you are from any country in the European Union, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Rep. of), Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, or Venezuela.
Start date: June 10, 2019
End date: June 18, 2019
Start time: 12:00 p.m.
End time: 12:00 p.m.
Meeting Point: Marrakech Airport
Directions: RAK Mhamid، 40000, Morocco
Phone: 0800 689 0731