Netherlands, Belgium & France
Citylife is your #1 provider of international events, activities and trips in Nottingham. Every weekend we gather young internationals in order to explore the United Kingdom together on our popular Citylife trips.
Everyone is welcome on our trips as discovering places as a unique community of young people is important to us.
EURO TRIP 2018
Explore Europe in December 2018 – the perfect time for shopping, Christmas markets, Gluhwein and discovering some of Europe’s most breathtaking cities.
Join this unique Citylife trip on our 8 days & 7 nights Europe’s capitals adventure through Netherlands, Belgium and France. Unique on our Euro Trip 2018: You can decide whether you want to take the transportation from your city in the UK or if you would like to meet us there.
FULL TRIP TICKET: Transportation on the whole trip, including transportation from England and back.
MEET US THERE TICKET: Transportation from Amsterdam to Paris. You can join us in Amsterdam on Day 2 or Day 3.
DAY 1 // 14TH OF DECEMBER: LEAVING UK – FERRY CROSSING – AMSTERDAM
We will be leaving Nottingham in the early evening and head towards the coast. Our coach will go on a overnight ferry and head towards the Netherlands. We will reach Amsterdam in the morning of the 15th of December.
DAY 2 // 15TH OF DECEMBER: ARRIVAL TO AMSTERDAM (MEET US THERE TRIP BEGIN)
Seventeenth-century buildings. Joint-smoking alien sculptures. No city meld history with modern urban flair like Amsterdam. You can’t walk on the streets without admiring this city. Culture, history, arts, nightlife – Amsterdam has it all.
Organise your flights to Amsterdam and our Citylife team will meet you any time on the 15th of December in our extremely centrally located Hostel. The exact address of the hostel will be sent to you closer to date.
DAY 3 // 16TH OF DECEMBER: AMSTERDAM
In the morning, we will meet in front of our hostel in order to explore the capital of the Netherlands. Our private tour guide will show us around the city, passing Amsterdam’s channels and getting more details about all highlights and must-sees of the city.
You’ll have free time in the afternoon, while we’ll be exploring Amsterdam’s nightlife in the evening. Join us on our Bar Crawl through the unforgettable nightlife of one of Europe’s party capitals.
DAY 4 // 17TH OF DECEMBER: AMSTERDAM – BRUGES
After having explored Amsterdam, we will head towards the border of Belgium and we will arrive after a short drive in Bruges. Bruges is a fairy-tale medieval town and millions of visitors every year stumble around the city with open mouths. Picturesque cobbled lanes and dreamy canals link photogenic market squares lined with soaring towers, historic churches and old whitewashed almshouses. Our guided tour guide will show us around through the city centre and will give you free time to explore it further in the late afternoon.
DAY 5 // 18TH OF DECEMBER: BRUGES – BRUSSELS
After breakfast, it is time to head to the next capital on our trip. Brussels is not only the capital of Belgium, it is also considered as the capital of Europe as Brussels hosts the official seats of the European Commission, Council of the European Union, European Council and the seat of the European Parliament. Hence, there is a lot of politics and culture to explore and our tour guides don’t want you to miss any of the information.
At night time, you’ll get the chance of exploring the nightlife of Europe’s capital.
DAY 6 // 19TH OF DECEMBER: BRUSSELS – CHATEAU DE PIERREFONDS – PARIS
In the morning, we will head to one of the most popular castles of France, Château de Pierrefonds. The castle is knows as the “château reborn”. Erected in the late 14th century by Duke Louis of Orléans, the château was taken down in the 17th century and was in ruins when Napoleon III decided to commission architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc to rebuild it. He applied his architectural designs to create the ideal château, such as would have existed in the Middle Ages.
After having visited the castle, we will head to the most visited city of the world: Paris. You will get free time in the early afternoon and at night we will crawl through Paris’ bars and clubs on our Bar Crawl.
DAY 7 // 20TH OF DECEMBER: PARIS
In the morning, you will get a guided tour by professional tour guides. For millions of people Paris is the best city in the world. Paris has a timeless familiarity for first-time and frequent visitors, with instantly recognisable architectural icons, along with exquisite cuisine, chic boutiques and priceless artistic treasures. You will get free time after the guided tour in order to explore this fantastic city further on your own for the rest of the day.
In the evening, we will get the chance to go out together for dinner or a drink in order to celebrate the last evening of our one week tour.
DAY 8 // 21ST OF DECEMBER: DEPARTURE FROM PARIS – ARRIVAL IN UK
The week has passed a lot faster than we wanted. It is time to end our trip in Paris, but the memories you have collected will last forever! Feel free to stay longer in Paris, you can book your flights back home at any time (MEET US THERE option) or travel with us back to England with our full trip ticket.
Meeting point for the Full Trip ticket:
As for all other Citylife Nottingham trips, the trip meeting point is the following:
Meeting point name: Mount Street
Address: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
Meeting point for the ‘Meet Us There’ ticket:
Hans Brinker Hotel, Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Netherlands
1) Who can join this Trip? – Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome on any Citylife trip. Please note that the majority of participants are students.
2) I am running late, what if I cannot make it to the meeting point? – As for all of our trips, we wait until the departure time stated in our event description and also on your ticket. The meeting time is always 15 minutes earlier than the departure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to wait longer, which means that you might miss the coach if you have an unforseen delay.
3) I cannot make it to the trip, can I get a refund? – As stated in our T&C’s, it is possible to cancel our international trips, however we will not be able to refund the full amount depending on the closeness of the trip. If you know you cannot make it to a trip in advance, please contact us. In general, we alyways suggest to you to try to sell it on to someone else if possible.
4) This is an international trip, what do I need to bring? – We will always send you a detailled list of suggested equipment/items. In any case, you should always have a rain coat and appropriate foot wear! Also note that we are only away for a week, so a one piece of luggage should be enough. Since our Euro Trip is taking place in December, we recommend you to bring warm winter clothes. You might also want to bring some snacks and drinks for the drive.
5) I need a Schengen visa – what do I need to do? – No worries at all, Citylife is very experienced in the Schengen visa process and has already issued dozens of visas for our travellers. You will first need to book your trip ticket with us and we can then issue you a personalised visa letter. Please note that we can only issue the letter to you once your trip purchase has been made. With our visa letter, we have had a 100% acceptance rate in the past for visa applications if you apply early enough. All visa applications for Netherlands are handled by VFS Global, the official Schengen Visa partner. Please note that we recommend applying at least 4-6 weeks before the trip departure. However, you may be able to apply for a visa at a later point as well by booking a premium appointment on the VFS Global website. Please feel free to contact our experienced visa support team for any further questions on firstname.lastname@example.org .
6) I can share my room only with people from the same gender – Is this possible? Yes, that’s no problem at all. We will seperate the genders at each hostel when checking in. You do not need to book this beforehand with us
7) I have not received a ticket email nor info mail, what can I do? – First of all, check your email provider’s spam folder. It can happen that our email landed there. If you still cannot find your ticket or have not received the info mail, feel free to contact us, stating your name and the Trip you have purchased a ticket for and we will kindly resend the information to you.
8) I cannot find the meeting point, where do I go? – In the unlikely case that you cannot find our meeting point, feel free to contact the trip leader. You can find his/her contact details in the info mail you have received. They will try to help you make your way to the meeting point. Our tip: If you are unsure where to go, always give yourself some extra time so you do not have to rush or worst case, miss the coach!
9) When will I receive the itinerary with all timings and all hostel details for the entire trip? – We will send you the full itinerary by email one week before the trip starts.
10) I have another question, who do I ask? – Please feel free to contact us in advance if anything is unclear. You may call our service hotline +44 (0) 800 689 0731 (during business hours) or send us an email to email@example.com.
Start date: December 14, 2018
End date: December 21, 2018
Start time: 19:00 p.m.
End time: 11:00 p.m.
Meeting Point: Coach Stop 41A Mount Street, NG1 6HE
Phone: 0800 689 0731